These are hearty pancakes and I made them big, using 1/2 cup of batter for each pancake. Two pancakes will fill you up.
Hearty Banana Pancakes
by Sonia Parham
- 3 bananas mashed, they should be ripe but not over ripe
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose white flour
- 2 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk, or the amount needed for the batter consistency you like.
In a bowl combine mashed bananas, egg and brown sugar. In another bowl combine flours, baking powder and salt. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture, add the milk and blend well. Stir in the pecans and the raisins. Cook the pancakes on medium heat until done.
Try out different toppings to use. My daughter ate hers with nothing on them, my husband tried a little strawberry jam on the bottom pancake and a little syrup on the top one. I ate my pancakes with a little peanut butter and strawberry jam. They are yummy. 🙂
|First Iris bloom|
PS, I updated the Quilts tab.