I trust you had a pleasant and blessed Christmas holiday, filled with laughter and love.
As this week winds down and the year ends, I look back, over my shoulder, at 2011. There were many times “down in the valley” and a few times on “top of the mountain”.
However, no matter what, I knew, I was not alone. The God on the mountain is the same God that’s in the valley ~ my Strength and my Comforter.
Things I have learned in the past year…
- I learned during a time of working with a tyrant that, by the grace of God, I can hold my tongue.
- I learned to not sweat the small stuff, usually it doesn’t matter to me within the next hour anyway.
- I’ve learned that I can’t always control or change a situation. Thereby, teaching me to hand it all over to God.
- I learned that I’m still a kid at heart, though my hair has gained a lot of gray this year.
- I learned that I tend to over schedule myself, causing myself stress. (this is something I hope to remedy in 2012)
- I’ve learned to be ready for change, as change has been the main theme in the past nine months.
I look toward 2012 with a little uncertainty. I will return to work with my weekly hours cut back, another change. Questions like “what’s going to happen next?” run through my mind, but I know my Strength and my Comforter will be with me.
Some goals I have set for myself in 2012…
- To get my “block of the month” done on time, each month.
- To make a point to not over schedule myself ~ learn to say “no thank you”.
- To do better with sending out cards for special occasions, like b-days, anniversary, get well, etc.
- To do better with making sure I get my quiet time for prayer and Bible study.
I hope I haven’t given myself too many goals for the new year. I will do my best.
2012… looking forward, what goals have you set?
I worked on my small afghan today and hope to get it finished this week. I also started to crochet a pot holder today. This will be my first pot holder to make. I will post a pic of both items when I get them done this week.
My son, Josh, painted a picture this week. I thought he did a good job. Check it out.
Well, that’s all I have for this evening.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
God bless and keep you,